Middle Discourses: The Final Fifty
အင်္ဂလိပ်ဘာသာပြန် · တွဲ 14 · စာမျက်နှာ 357
စာမှတ်ထားရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ

So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Rājagaha in the Hot Springs Monastery. Then Venerable Samiddhi rose at the crack of dawn and went to the hot springs to bathe. When he had bathed and emerged from the water he stood in one robe drying his limbs. Then, late at night, a glorious deity, lighting up the entire hot springs, went up to Samiddhi, stood to one side, and said to Samiddhi:

“Mendicant, do you remember the summary recital and the analysis of the one who has one fine night?” “No, reverend, I do not. Do you?” “I also do not. But do you remember just the verses on the one who has one fine night?” “I do not. Do you?” “I also do not. Learn the summary recital and the analysis of the one who has one fine night, mendicant, memorize it, and remember it. It is beneficial and relevant to the fundamentals of the spiritual life.” That is what that deity said, before vanishing right there.

Then, when the night had passed, Samiddhi went to the Buddha, bowed, sat down to one side, and told him what had happened. Then he added:

ဤစာမျက်နှာဖတ်ရှုခြင်းအတွက် ကုသိုလ်ရမှတ် 20 ရရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ