Middle Discourses: The Final Fifty
အင်္ဂလိပ်ဘာသာပြန် · တွဲ 14 · စာမျက်နှာ 424
စာမှတ်ထားရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ

‘Don’t indulge in sensual pleasure, which is low, crude, ordinary, ignoble, and pointless. And don’t indulge in self-mortification, which is painful, ignoble, and pointless.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Indulging in the happiness of the pleasure linked to sensuality is low, crude, ordinary, ignoble, and pointless. It is a principle beset by pain, harm, stress, and fever, and it is the wrong way. Breaking off such indulgence is a principle free of pain, harm, stress, and fever, and it is the right way. Indulging in self-mortification is painful, ignoble, and pointless. It is a principle beset by pain, harm, stress, and fever, and it is the wrong way. Breaking off such indulgence is a principle free of pain, harm, stress, and fever, and it is the right way. ‘Don’t indulge in sensual pleasure, which is low, crude, ordinary, ignoble, and pointless. And don’t indulge in self-mortification, which is painful, ignoble, and pointless.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.

ခေါင်းစဉ် (AI ဖြင့် အကျဉ်းချုပ်) MN 139: The Analysis of No Strife — Summary Recital and the Two Extremes
တိုးတက်မှု မှတ်တမ်းတင်ရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ
ဤစာမျက်နှာဖတ်ရှုခြင်းအတွက် ကုသိုလ်ရမှတ် 20 ရရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ