Linked Discourses: The Chapter on the Aggregates
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 17 · Page 146
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Then the Buddha robed up and, taking his bowl and robes, went to Venerable Vakkali. Venerable Vakkali saw the Buddha coming off in the distance and stirred in his cot. But the Buddha said to him, “It’s all right, Vakkali, don’t get up. There are some seats spread out, I will sit there.” He sat down on the seat spread out and said to Vakkali, “I hope you’re keeping well, Vakkali; I hope you’re all right. I hope your pain is fading, not growing; that its fading is evident, not its growing.” “Sir, I’m not keeping well, I’m not getting by. My pain is terrible and growing, not fading; its growing is evident, not its fading.” “I hope you don’t have any remorse or regret?” “Indeed, sir, I have no little remorse and regret.” “I hope you have no reason to blame yourself when it comes to ethical conduct?” “No sir, I have no reason to blame myself when it comes to ethical conduct.” “In that case, Vakkali, why do you have remorse and regret?” “For a long time I’ve wanted to go and see the Buddha, but I was physically too weak.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้