At Sāvatthī. “What do you think, mendicants? Do you regard form like this: ‘This is mine, I am this, this is my self’?” “No, sir.” “Good, mendicants! Form should be truly seen with right understanding like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’ Do you regard feeling … perception … choices … consciousness like this: ‘This is mine, I am this, this is my self’?” “No, sir.” “Good, mendicants! Consciousness should be truly seen with right understanding like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’ Seeing this … They understand: ‘… there is nothing further for this place.’”
Linked Discourses 22.119 12. A Dhamma speaker Questioning (2nd)
At Sāvatthī. “What do you think, mendicants? Do you regard form like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self’?” “Yes, sir.” “Good, mendicants! Form should be truly seen with right understanding like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’ Do you regard feeling … perception … choices … consciousness like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self’?” “Yes, sir.” “Good, mendicants! Consciousness should be truly seen with right understanding like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’ Seeing this … They understand: ‘… there is nothing further for this place.’”
Linked Discourses 22.120 12. A Dhamma speaker Things That Tighten Fetters
At Sāvatthī. “Mendicants, I will teach you the things that tighten the fetters, and the fetter. Listen … What are the things that tighten the fetters? And what is the fetter? Form is something that tightens the fetters. The desire and greed for it is the fetter. Feeling … Perception … Choices … Consciousness is something that tightens the fetters. The desire and greed for it is the fetter. These are called the things that tighten the fetters, and this is the fetter.”
Linked Discourses 22.121 12. A Dhamma speaker Things That Fuel Grasping