Linked Discourses: The Chapter on the Aggregates
အင်္ဂလိပ်ဘာသာပြန် · တွဲ 17 · စာမျက်နှာ 91
စာမှတ်ထားရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ

So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Sāvatthī in Jeta’s Grove, Anāthapiṇḍika’s monastery. Then a mendicant went up to the Buddha, bowed, sat down to one side, and said to him, “Sir, may the Buddha please teach me Dhamma in brief. When I’ve heard it, I’ll live alone, withdrawn, diligent, keen, and resolute.” “When you grasp, mendicant, you’re bound by Māra. Not grasping, you’re free from the Wicked One.” “Understood, Blessed One! Understood, Holy One!”

“But how do you see the detailed meaning of my brief statement?” “Sir, when you grasp form you’re bound by Māra. Not grasping, you’re free from the Wicked One. When you grasp feeling … perception … choices … consciousness, you’re bound by Māra. Not grasping, you’re free from the Wicked One. That’s how I understand the detailed meaning of the Buddha’s brief statement.”

ဤစာမျက်နှာဖတ်ရှုခြင်းအတွက် ကုသိုလ်ရမှတ် 20 ရရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ