It’s quite possible for a mendicant who regards extinguishment as pleasurable to accept views that conform with the teaching. …”
Numbered Discourses 6.102 10. Benefit Transience
“Mendicants, seeing six benefits is quite enough to establish the perception of impermanence in all conditions without qualification. What six? ‘All conditions will appear to me as transient.’ ‘My mind will not delight anywhere in the world.’ ‘My mind will rise above the whole world.’ ‘My heart will incline to extinguishment.’ ‘My fetters will be given up.’ ‘I will achieve the ultimate goal of the ascetic life.’ Seeing these six benefits is quite enough to establish the perception of impermanence in all conditions without qualification.”
Numbered Discourses 6.103 10. Benefit With a Drawn Sword
“Mendicants, seeing six benefits is quite enough to establish the perception of suffering in all conditions without qualification. What six? ‘Perception of disillusionment will be established in me for all conditions, like a killer with a drawn sword.’ ‘My mind will rise above the whole world.’ ‘I will see extinguishment as peaceful.’ ‘My underlying tendencies will be uprooted.’ ‘I will fulfill my duty.’ ‘I will have served my Teacher with love.’ Seeing these six benefits is quite enough to establish the perception of suffering in all conditions without qualification.”
Numbered Discourses 6.104 10. Benefit Not Determined by Anything