Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 50
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Now if the riches a noble disciple gets for these five reasons run out, he thinks: ‘So, the riches I have obtained for these reasons are running out.’ And so he has no regrets.

But if the riches a noble disciple gets for these five reasons increase, he thinks: ‘So, the riches I have obtained for these reasons are increasing.’ And so he has no regrets in both cases.

‘I’ve enjoyed my wealth, supporting those who depend on me;

I’ve overcome losses;

I’ve given uplifting religious donations;

and made the five spirit-offerings.

I have looked after the ethical and

disciplined spiritual practitioners.

I’ve achieved the goal

for which an astute layperson

wishes to gain wealth.

I don’t regret what I’ve done.’

A mortal man who recollects this

stands firm in the teaching of the noble ones.

They’re praised in this life by the astute,

and they depart to rejoice in heaven.”

Numbered Discourses 5.42 5. With King Muṇḍa A True Person

“Mendicants, a true person is born in a family for the benefit, welfare, and happiness of the people. For the benefit, welfare, and happiness of mother and father; children and partners; bondservants, workers, and staff; friends and colleagues; and ascetics and brahmins.

หัวข้อ (สรุปโดย AI) AN 5.41 Five Reasons to Get Rich
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อบันทึกความคืบหน้า
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้