Numbered Discourses: Sevens, Eights, Nines
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 23 · Page 58
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

As long as I saw that these seven sexual yokes—or even one of them—had not been given up in me, I didn’t announce my supreme perfect awakening in this world with its gods, Māras, and divinities, this population with its ascetics and brahmins, its gods and humans.

But when I saw that these seven sexual yokes—every one of them—had been given up in me, I announced my supreme perfect awakening in this world with its gods, Māras, and divinities, this population with its ascetics and brahmins, its gods and humans. Knowledge and vision arose in me: ‘My freedom is unshakable; this is my last rebirth; now there’ll be no more future lives.’”

When he said this, the brahmin Jānussoṇi said to the Buddha, “Excellent, worthy Gotama! Excellent! … From this day forth, may the worthy Gotama remember me as a lay follower who has gone for refuge for life.”

Numbered Discourses 7.51 5. A Great Sacrifice Yoking and Unyoking

“

Mendicants, I will teach you an exposition of the teaching on yoking and unyoking. Listen and apply your mind well, I will speak. … And what is the exposition of the teaching on yoking and unyoking?

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้