Numbered Discourses: Sevens, Eights, Nines
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 23 · Page 62
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

“Sāriputta, someone who gives a gift as an investment, when their body breaks up, after death, is reborn in the company of the gods of the four great kings. When that deed, success, glory, and sovereignty is spent they return to this place.

Next, take the case of a someone who gives a gift not as an investment, their mind not tied to it, not expecting to keep it, and not thinking, ‘I’ll enjoy this in my next life.’ But they give a gift thinking, ‘It’s good to give.’ … They give a gift thinking, ‘Giving was practiced by my father and my father’s father. It would not be right for me to abandon this family custom.’ … They give a gift thinking, ‘I cook, they don’t. It wouldn’t be right for me to not give to them.’ … They give a gift thinking, ‘The ancient brahmin seers were Aṭṭhaka, Vāmaka, Vāmadeva, Vessāmitta, Yamadaggi, Aṅgīrasa, Bhāradvāja, Vāseṭṭha, Kassapa, and Bhagu. Just as they performed great sacrifices, I will share a gift.’ …

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้