Middle Discourses: The Final Fifty
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 14 · Page 447
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Then Venerable Pukkusāti thought, “It seems the Teacher has come to me! The Holy One has come to me! The fully awakened Buddha has come to me!” He got up from his seat, arranged his robe over one shoulder, bowed with his head to the Buddha’s feet, and said, “I made a mistake, sir. It was foolish, stupid, and unskillful of me to presume to address the Buddha as ‘reverend’. Please, sir, accept my mistake for what it is, so I will restrain myself in future.” “Indeed, mendicant, you made a mistake. It was foolish, stupid, and unskillful of you to act in that way. But since you have recognized your mistake for what it is, and have dealt with it properly, I accept it. For it is growth in the training of the Noble One to recognize a mistake for what it is, deal with it properly, and commit to restraint in the future.”

“Sir, may I receive the going forth, the ordination in the Buddha’s presence?” “But mendicant, do you have a full set of bowl and robes?” “No, sir, I do not.” “The Realized Ones do not ordain those without a full set of bowl and robes.”

And then Venerable Pukkusāti approved and agreed with what the Buddha said. He got up from his seat, bowed and respectfully circled the Buddha, keeping him on his right, before leaving.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้