Middle Discourses: The Final Fifty
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 14 · Page 5
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Suppose a man was struck by an arrow thickly smeared with poison, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. Their friends and colleagues, relatives and kin would get a surgeon to treat them. The surgeon would cut open the wound with a scalpel, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. They’d probe for the arrow, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. They’d extract the arrow, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. They’d apply cauterizing medicine to the wound, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. After some time that wound would be healed and the skin regrown. They’d be healthy, happy, autonomous, master of themselves, able to go where they wanted. They’d think, “Earlier I was struck by an arrow thickly smeared with poison, causing painful feelings, sharp and severe. My friends and colleagues, relatives and kin got a surgeon to treat me. At each step, the treatment was painful. But these days that wound is healed and the skin regrown. I’m healthy, happy, autonomous, my own master, able to go where I want.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้