Linked Discourses: The Chapter with Verses
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 15 · Page 49
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

“The words you say are deep, hard to understand, so very hard to wake up to. Whose teaching did you understand that you can say such things?”

“In the past I was a potter in Vebhaliṅga named Ghaṭīkāra. I took care of my parents as a lay follower of Buddha Kassapa.

I refrained from sexual intercourse, I was chaste, spiritual. We lived in the same village; in the past I was your comrade.

I am the one who understands that these seven mendicants have been freed. With the complete ending of greed and hate, they’ve crossed over clinging to the world.”

“That’s exactly how it was, just as you say, Bhaggava. In the past you were a potter in Vebhaliṅga named Ghaṭīkāra. You took care of your parents as a lay follower of Buddha Kassapa.

You refrained from sexual intercourse, you were chaste, spiritual. We lived in the same village; in the past you were my comrade.”

That’s how it was when those friends of old met again. Both of them were evolved, bearing their final body.

Linked Discourses 1.51 6. Old Age Old Age

หัวข้อ (สรุปโดย AI) SN 1.50 With Ghaṭīkāra
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อบันทึกความคืบหน้า
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้