Linked Discourses: The Chapter on Causation
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 16 · Page 85
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

When a noble disciple has quelled five fears and enmities, possesses the four factors of stream-entry, and has clearly seen and penetrated the noble system with wisdom, they may, if they wish, declare of themselves: ‘I’ve finished with rebirth in hell, the animal realm, and the ghost realm. I’ve finished with all places of loss, bad places, the underworld. I am a stream-enterer! I’m not liable to be reborn in the underworld, and am assured, destined for awakening.’”

Linked Discourses 12.42 5. Householders Fears and Enmities (2nd)

At Sāvatthī. “Mendicants, when a noble disciple has quelled five fears and enmities, possesses the four factors of stream-entry, and has clearly seen and penetrated the noble system with wisdom, they may, if they wish, declare of themselves: ‘I’ve finished with rebirth in hell, the animal realm, and the ghost realm. I’ve finished with all places of loss, bad places, the underworld. I am a stream-enterer! I’m not liable to be reborn in the underworld, and am assured, destined for awakening.’

What are the five fears and enmities they have quelled? Killing living creatures … stealing … sexual misconduct … lying … consuming intoxicants of beer, wine, and liquor … These are the five fears and enmities they have quelled.

What are the four factors of stream-entry that they possess? It’s when a noble disciple has experiential confidence in the Buddha … the teaching … the Saṅgha … and their ethical conduct is loved by the noble ones. These are the four factors of stream-entry that they possess.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้