Linked Discourses: The Chapter on the Aggregates
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 17 · Page 177
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Once upon a time I was an anointed aristocratic king. I had 84,000 cities, with the capital Kusāvatī the foremost. I had 84,000 palaces, with the Palace of Principle the foremost. I had 84,000 chambers, with the Chamber of the Grand Tower the foremost. I had 84,000 couches made of ivory or heartwood or gold or silver, spread with woolen covers—shag-piled or embroidered with flowers—and spread with a fine deer hide, with a canopy above and red pillows at both ends. I had 84,000 bull elephants with gold adornments and banners, covered with snow gold netting, with the royal bull elephant named Sabbath the foremost. I had 84,000 horses with gold adornments and banners, covered with snow gold netting, with the royal steed named Thundercloud the foremost. I had 84,000 chariots with gold adornments and banners, covered with snow gold netting, with the chariot named Triumph the foremost. I had 84,000 jewels, with the jewel-treasure the foremost. I had 84,000 women, with Queen Subhaddā the foremost. I had 84,000 aristocrat vassals, with the commander-treasure the foremost. I had 84,000 milk cows with muslin halter and bronze pails. I had 8,400,000,000 cloths of delicate linen, cotton, silk, and wool. I had 84,000 servings of food, which were presented to me as offerings at daybreak and dusk.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้