Linked Discourses: The Chapter on the Aggregates
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 17 · Page 39
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

As long as sentient beings don’t truly understand these five grasping aggregates’ gratification, drawback, and escape for what they are, they haven’t escaped from this world—with its gods, Māras, and divinities, this population with its ascetics and brahmins, its gods and humans—and they don’t live detached, liberated, with mind free of limits. But when sentient beings truly understand these five grasping aggregates’ gratification, drawback, and escape for what they are, they’ve escaped from this world—with its gods, Māras, and divinities, this population with its ascetics and brahmins, its gods and humans—and they live detached, liberated, with mind free of limits.”

Linked Discourses 22.29 3. The Burden Taking Pleasure

At Sāvatthī. “Mendicants, if you take pleasure in form, you take pleasure in suffering. If you take pleasure in suffering, you’re not free from suffering, I say. If you take pleasure in feeling … perception … choices … consciousness, you take pleasure in suffering. If you take pleasure in suffering, you’re not free from suffering, I say. If you don’t take pleasure in form, you don’t take pleasure in suffering. If you don’t take pleasure in suffering, you’re free from suffering, I say. If you don’t take pleasure in feeling … perception … choices … consciousness, you don’t take pleasure in suffering. If you don’t take pleasure in suffering, you’re free from suffering, I say.”

Linked Discourses 22.30 3. The Burden Arising

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้