“Good, good, mendicant! It’s good that you understand the detailed meaning of what I’ve said in brief like this. Form doesn’t belong to self; you should give up desire for it. Feeling … Perception … Choices … Consciousness doesn’t belong to self; you should give up desire for it. This is how to see the detailed meaning of what I said in brief.” … And that mendicant became one of the perfected.
Linked Discourses 22.70 7. The Perfected Ones Definitely Arousing
At Sāvatthī. Then a mendicant went up to the Buddha … and asked him, “Sir, may the Buddha please teach me Dhamma in brief. When I’ve heard it, I’ll live alone, withdrawn, diligent, keen, and resolute.” “Mendicant, give up desire for whatever is shaped by arousal.” “Understood, Blessed One! Understood, Holy One!”
“But how do you see the detailed meaning of my brief statement?” “Sir, form is shaped by arousal; I should give up desire for it. Feeling … Perception … Choices … Consciousness is shaped by arousal; I should give up desire for it. That’s how I understand the detailed meaning of the Buddha’s brief statement.”