Linked Discourses: The Great Chapter
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 19 · Page 208
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

What four? It’s when a mendicant meditates by observing an aspect of the body—keen, aware, and mindful, rid of covetousness and displeasure for the world. As they meditate observing an aspect of the body, based on the body there arises sweltering in the body, or mental sluggishness, or the mind is externally scattered. That mendicant should direct their mind toward an inspiring subject as a basis for meditation. As they do so, joy springs up. Being joyful, rapture springs up. When the mind is full of rapture, the body becomes tranquil. When the body is tranquil, one feels bliss. And when blissful, the mind becomes immersed in samādhi. Then they reflect: ‘I have accomplished the goal for which I directed my mind. Let me now relax.’ They relax, and neither place the mind nor keep it connected. They understand: ‘I’m neither placing the mind nor keeping it connected. Mindful within myself, I’m happy.’

Furthermore, a mendicant meditates by observing an aspect of feelings … mind … principles—keen, aware, and mindful, rid of covetousness and displeasure for the world. As they meditate observing an aspect of principles, based on principles there arises sweltering in the body, or mental sluggishness, or the mind is externally scattered. That mendicant should direct their mind toward an inspiring subject as a basis for meditation. As they do so, joy springs up. Being joyful, rapture springs up. When the mind is full of rapture, the body becomes tranquil. When the body is tranquil, one feels bliss. And when blissful, the mind becomes immersed in samādhi. Then they reflect: ‘I have accomplished the goal for which I directed my mind. Let me now relax.’ They relax, and neither place the mind nor keep it connected. They understand: ‘I’m neither placing the mind nor keeping it connected. Mindful within myself, I’m happy.’ That’s how there is directed development.

หัวข้อ (สรุปโดย AI) SN 47.10a The Nuns' Quarters — Report to the Buddha
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อบันทึกความคืบหน้า
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้