Linked Discourses: The Great Chapter
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 19 · Page 388
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

At one time Venerable Anuruddha was staying near Sāvatthī in Jeta’s Grove, Anāthapiṇḍika’s monastery. Then several mendicants went up to Venerable Anuruddha, exchanged greetings with him … and said:

“What things has Venerable Anuruddha developed and cultivated to attain great direct knowledge?” “Reverends, I attained great direct knowledge by developing and cultivating the four kinds of mindfulness meditation. What four? I meditate observing an aspect of the body … feelings … mind … principles—keen, aware, and mindful, rid of covetousness and displeasure for the world. I attained great direct knowledge by developing and cultivating these four kinds of mindfulness meditation. And it’s because of developing and cultivating these four kinds of mindfulness meditation that I recollect a thousand eons.”

Linked Discourses 52.12 2. A Thousand Psychic Powers

“… And it’s because of developing and cultivating these four kinds of mindfulness meditation that I wield the many kinds of psychic power: multiplying myself and becoming one again … controlling the body as far as the realm of divinity.”

Linked Discourses 52.13 2. A Thousand Clairaudience

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้