But Moggallāna, I have pure ethical conduct, and I claim: ‘I am pure in ethical conduct. My ethical conduct is pure, bright, uncorrupted.’ My disciples don’t cover up my conduct, and I don’t expect them to. I have pure livelihood, and I claim: ‘I am pure in livelihood. My livelihood is pure, bright, uncorrupted.’ My disciples don’t cover up my livelihood, and I don’t expect them to. I have pure teaching, and I claim: ‘I am pure in teaching. My teaching is pure, bright, uncorrupted.’ My disciples don’t cover up my teaching, and I don’t expect them to. I have pure answers, and I claim: ‘I am pure in how I answer. My answers are pure, bright, uncorrupted.’ My disciples don’t cover up my answers, and I don’t expect them to. I have pure knowledge and vision, and I claim: ‘I am pure in knowledge and vision. My knowledge and vision are pure, bright, uncorrupted.’ My disciples don’t cover up my knowledge and vision, and I don’t expect them to.”