And if anyone should be rightly called a delicate ascetic of ascetics, it’s me. For I usually use only what I’ve been invited to accept. When living with other mendicants, I am usually treated agreeably by them. And I usually present them with agreeable things. I’m healthy. I get the four absorptions when I want, without trouble or difficulty. And I’ve realized the undefiled freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom … in this very life … So if anyone should be rightly called a delicate ascetic of ascetics, it’s me.”
Numbered Discourses 5.105 11. Living Comfortably Living Comfortably
“Mendicants, there are these five ways of living comfortably. What five?
It’s when a mendicant consistently treats their spiritual companions with kindness by way of body, speech, and mind, both in public and in private.
They live according to the precepts shared with their spiritual companions, both in public and in private. Those precepts are intact, impeccable, spotless, and unmarred, liberating, praised by sensible people, not mistaken, and leading to immersion.