“
Mendicants, develop limitless immersion, alert and mindful. When you develop limitless immersion, alert and mindful, five knowledges arise for you personally. What five?
‘This immersion is blissful now, and results in bliss in the future.’ …
‘This immersion is noble and not of the flesh.’ …
‘This immersion is not cultivated by reprobates.’ …
‘This immersion is peaceful and sublime and tranquil and unified, not held in place by forceful suppression.’ …
‘I mindfully enter into and emerge from this immersion.’ …
Develop limitless immersion, alert and mindful. When you develop limitless immersion, alert and mindful, these five knowledges arise for you personally.”
Numbered Discourses 5.28 3. With Five Factors With Five Factors
“Mendicants, I will teach you how to develop noble right immersion with five factors. Listen and apply your mind well, I will speak.”
“Yes, sir,” they replied. The Buddha said this:
“And how do you develop noble right immersion with five factors?