Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 457
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

When I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand: ‘Both skillful and unskillful qualities are found in this individual.’ After some time I encompass their mind and understand: ‘The unskillful qualities of this individual have vanished, but the skillful qualities are still present. Nevertheless, their unskillful root is unbroken, but it’s about to be totally destroyed. So this individual is not liable to decline in the future.’ Suppose there were some burning coals, blazing and glowing, placed on a pile of grass or timber. Wouldn’t you know that those coals would grow, increase, and spread?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Or suppose it’s the crack of dawn and the sun is rising. Wouldn’t you know that the dark will vanish and the light appear?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Or suppose that it’s nearly time for the midday meal. Wouldn’t you know that the dark had vanished and the light appeared?”

“Yes, sir.”

“In the same way, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand … This individual is not liable to decline in the future …

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้