Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 458
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

When I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand: ‘Both skillful and unskillful qualities are found in this individual.’ After some time I encompass their mind and understand: ‘This individual has not even a fraction of a hair’s tip of unskillful qualities. They have absolutely bright, blameless qualities. They will become extinguished in this very life.’ Suppose there were some cool, quenched coals, placed on a pile of grass or timber. Wouldn’t you know that those coals would not grow, increase, and spread?”

“Yes, sir.”

“In the same way, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand … ‘This individual has not even a fraction of a hair’s tip of unskillful qualities. They have absolutely bright, blameless qualities. They will become extinguished in this very life.’ This is how another individual is known to the Realized One by encompassing their mind. And this is how the Realized One knows a person’s faculties by encompassing their mind. And this is how the Realized One knows the future origination of a person’s qualities by encompassing their mind.

And so, Ānanda, of the first three individuals one is not liable to decline, one is liable to decline, and one is bound for a place of loss, hell. And of the second three individuals, one is liable to decline, one is not liable to decline, and one is bound to become extinguished.”

Numbered Discourses 6.63 6. The Great Chapter Penetrative

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้