Numbered Discourses: Sevens, Eights, Nines
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 23 · Page 38
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

What seven? It’s when a mendicant has a keen enthusiasm to undertake the training … to examine the teachings … to get rid of desires … for retreat … to rouse up energy … for mindfulness and alertness … to penetrate theoretically. And they don’t lose these desires in the future. These are the seven qualifications for graduation that I make known after realizing them with my own insight. A mendicant who has these seven qualifications for graduation is qualified to be called a ‘graduate mendicant’. This is so whether they have lived the full and pure spiritual life for twelve years, twenty-four years, thirty-six years, or forty-eight years.”

Numbered Discourses 7.43 4. Deities Graduation (2nd)

So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Kosambī in Ghosita’s monastery.

Then Venerable Ānanda robed up in the morning and, taking his bowl and robe, entered Kosambī for alms. Then it occurred to him, “It’s too early to wander for alms in Kosambī. Why don’t I visit the monastery for the wanderers of other religions?”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้