Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
Traduction anglaise · Volume 26 · Page 317
Connectez-vous pour marquer la page

I, a monk, went to a charnel ground and saw a woman’s body abandoned there, dumped in a cemetery, full of worms that devoured.

Some men were disgusted, seeing her dead and rotten; but sexual desire arose in me, I was as if blind to her oozing body.

Quicker than the cooking of rice I left that place! Mindful and aware, I retired to a discreet place.

Then the realization came upon me—the danger became clear, and I was firmly disillusioned.

Then my mind was freed—behold the clear rightness of the teaching! I’ve attained the three knowledges and fulfilled the Buddha’s instructions.

Verses of the Senior Monks 5.2 The Book of the Fives Chapter One Subhūta

When a person, wishing for a certain outcome, applies themselves where they ought not; not achieving what they worked for, they say: “That’s a sign of my bad luck.”

When a misfortune is extracted and beaten, to surrender it in part would be like losing at dice; but to surrender it all you’d have to be blind, not seeing the even and the uneven.

Sujet (résumé par IA) Theragāthā: Rājadatta's Charnel Ground Temptation
Connectez-vous pour enregistrer votre progression
Connectez-vous pour gagner 20 points de mérite en lisant cette page