Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
အင်္ဂလိပ်ဘာသာပြန် · တွဲ 26 · စာမျက်နှာ 343
စာမှတ်ထားရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ

Whoever has faith in the Realized One, unwavering and well grounded; whose ethical conduct is good, praised and loved by the noble ones;

who has confidence in the Saṅgha, and correct view: they’re said to be prosperous; their life is not in vain.

So let the wise devote themselves to faith, ethical behavior, confidence, and insight into the teaching, remembering the instructions of the Buddhas.

Verses of the Senior Monks 8.3 The Book of the Eights Chapter One Mahāpanthaka

When I first saw the Teacher who fears nothing from any quarter, I was struck with a sense of urgency, seeing the supreme among men.

Anyone who, having found such a Teacher, would lose them again, is like one who, when approached by Lady Luck, would ward her off with their hands and feet.

Then I left behind my children and wives, my riches and my grain; I had my hair and beard cut off, and went forth to homelessness.

Endowed with the monastic training and livelihood, my sense faculties well-restrained, paying homage to the Buddha, I meditated undefeated.

Then a wish occurred to me, my heart’s truest wish: I wouldn’t sit down, not even for a short while, until the dart of craving was plucked.

As I meditate like this, see my energy and vigor! I’ve attained the three knowledges, and fulfilled the Buddha’s instructions.

I know my past lives, my clairvoyance is clarified; I’m perfected, worthy of offerings, liberated, free of attachments.

ခေါင်းစဉ် (AI ဖြင့် အကျဉ်းချုပ်) Sirimitta - Verses of the Senior Monks 8.2
တိုးတက်မှု မှတ်တမ်းတင်ရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ
ဤစာမျက်နှာဖတ်ရှုခြင်းအတွက် ကုသိုလ်ရမှတ် 20 ရရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ