Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 26 · Page 357
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

I don’t long for death; I don’t long for life; I await my time, like a worker waiting for their wages.

I don’t long for death; I don’t long for life; I await my time, aware and mindful.”

Verses of the Senior Monks 12.1 The Book of the Twelves Chapter One Sīlava

One should train just in ethical conduct, for in this world, when ethical conduct is cultivated and well-trained, it provides all success.

Wishing for three kinds of happiness—praise, prosperity, and to delight in heaven after passing away—the wise would take care of their ethics.

The well-behaved have many friends, because of their self-restraint. But one lacking ethics, of bad conduct, drives away their friends.

A man whose ethics are bad has ill-repute and infamy. One who is ethical always has a good reputation, fame, and praise.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้