free of thorns, with yoking ended, master of the three knowledges, <j>conqueror of death; worthy of offerings, a supreme field of merit for the people.”
“These many gods, powerful and glorious, all 10,000 of them, are priests of Divinity. They stand with cupped palms honoring Moggallāna:
‘Homage to you, O thoroughbred! Homage to you, supreme among men! Since your defilements are ended, you, good fellow, are worthy of teacher’s offerings.’
Venerated by the lordly god, he has arisen, the master of death. He is unsmeared by conditions, as a lotus-flower by water.”
“The mendicant by whom the galaxy with the age of the Divinity are known in an hour—that master of psychic ability sees the gods at the time they pass away and are reborn.”
“Sāriputta is full of wisdom, ethics, and peace. Even a mendicant who has crossed over might at best equal him.
But in a moment I can create the likenesses of ten million times 100,000 people! I’m skilled in transformations; I’m a master of psychic powers.