Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
Traduction anglaise · Volume 26 · Page 449
Connectez-vous pour marquer la page

Four or five times I left my dwelling. I had failed to find peace of heart, or any control over my mind.

I approached a nun in whom I had faith. She taught me the Dhamma: the aggregates, sense fields, and elements.

When I had heard her teaching, in accordance with her instructions, I sat cross-legged for seven days without moving, given over to rapture and bliss. On the eighth day I stretched out my feet, having shattered the mass of darkness.

Verses of the Senior Nuns 3.3 The Book of the Threes Another Uttamā

Of the seven awakening factors, the path for attaining extinguishment, I have developed them all, just as the Buddha taught.

I attain the meditations on emptiness and signlessness whenever I want. I am the Buddha’s bosom daughter, always delighting in extinguishment.

All sensual pleasures are cut off, whether human or heavenly. Transmigration through births is finished, now there’ll be no more future lives.

Verses of the Senior Nuns 3.4 The Book of the Threes Dantikā

Leaving my day’s meditation on Vulture’s Peak Mountain, I saw an elephant on the riverbank having just come up from his bath.

A man, taking a pole with a hook, asked the elephant, “Give me your foot.” The elephant presented his foot, and the man mounted him.

Connectez-vous pour gagner 20 points de mérite en lisant cette page