Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
Traduction anglaise · Volume 26 · Page 453
Connectez-vous pour marquer la page

I encompass the minds of others; my clairaudience is purified; I’ve realized the psychic powers, and attained the ending of defilements. I have realized the six kinds of direct knowledge, and fulfilled the Buddha’s instructions.

Verses of the Senior Nuns 5.2 The Book of the Fives Vimalā, the Former Courtesan

Intoxicated by my appearance, my figure, my beauty, my fame, and owing to my youth, I looked down on others.

I adorned this body all pretty, lamented by fools, and stood at the brothel door, like a hunter setting a snare.

I stripped for them, revealing my many hidden treasures. Creating an intricate illusion, I laughed, teasing those men.

Today, having wandered for alms, my head shaven, wearing the outer robe, I sat at the root of a tree to meditate; I’ve gained freedom from thought.

All yokes are severed, both human and heavenly. Having wiped out all defilements, I have become cooled and quenched.

Verses of the Senior Nuns 5.3 The Book of the Fives Sīhā

Due to irrational application of mind, I was racked by desire for pleasures of the senses. I was restless in the past, lacking control over my mind.

Overcome by corruptions, pursuing perceptions of the beautiful, I gained no peace of mind. Under the sway of lustful thoughts,

Sujet (résumé par IA) Vimalā, the Former Courtesan
Connectez-vous pour enregistrer votre progression
Connectez-vous pour gagner 20 points de mérite en lisant cette page