Long Discourses: The Great Chapter
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 10 · Page 277
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

So the Great Steward went to King Reṇu and said, “Worthy sir, please now find another high priest to manage the affairs of state for you. I wish to go forth from the lay life to homelessness. As I understand what the Divinity says about putrefaction, it’s not easy to quell while living at home. I shall go forth from the lay life to homelessness. I announce to King Reṇu, the lord of the land: you must learn how to rule, for I no longer care for my ministry.” “If you’re lacking any pleasures, I’ll supply them for you. I’ll protect you from any harm, for I command the nation’s army. You are my father, I am your son! O Steward, please don’t leave!” “I’m lacking no pleasures, and no one is harming me. I’ve heard a non-human voice, so I no longer care for lay life.” “What was that non-human like? What did he say to you, hearing which you would abandon our house and all our people?” “Before entering this retreat, I only liked to sacrifice. I kindled the sacred flame, strewn about with kusa grass. But then the Divinity the Eternal Youth appeared to me from the realm of divinity. He answered my question, hearing which I no longer care for lay life.” “I have faith, O Steward, in that of which you speak. Having heard a non-human voice, what else could you do?

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้