Middle Discourses: The Middle Fifty
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 13 · Page 344
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Then Pañcakaṅga approached Uggāhamāna, and exchanged greetings with him. When the greetings and polite conversation were over, he sat down to one side. Uggāhamāna said to him:

“Householder, when an individual person has four qualities I describe them as an invincible ascetic—accomplished in the skillful, excelling in the skillful, attained to the highest attainment. What four? It’s when they do no bad deeds with their body; speak no bad words; think no bad thoughts; and don’t earn a living by bad livelihood. When an individual possesses these four qualities I describe them as an invincible ascetic.”

Then Pañcakaṅga neither approved nor rejected the wanderer Uggāhamāna’s statement. He rose from his seat, thinking, “I will learn the meaning of this statement from the Buddha himself.”

Then he went to the Buddha, bowed, sat down to one side, and informed the Buddha of all that had been discussed.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้