Middle Discourses: The Final Fifty
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 14 · Page 338
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

King Yama says to them, ‘My man, did it not occur to you—being sensible and mature—“I, too, am liable to become sick. I’m not exempt from sickness. I’d better do good by way of body, speech, and mind”?’ He says, ‘I couldn’t, sir. I was negligent.’ King Yama says to them, ‘My man, because you were negligent, you didn’t do good by way of body, speech, and mind. Well, they’ll definitely punish you to fit your negligence. That bad deed wasn’t done by your mother, father, brother, or sister. It wasn’t done by friends and colleagues, by relatives and kin, by ascetics and brahmins, or by the deities. That bad deed was done by you alone, and you alone will experience the result.’

Then King Yama grills them about the fourth messenger of the gods: ‘My man, did you not see the fourth messenger of the gods that appeared among human beings?’ He says, ‘I saw nothing, sir.’

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้