‘Don’t insist on popular definitions and don’t overstep normal labels.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? And how do you insist on popular definitions and overstep normal labels? It’s when among different populations they label the same thing as a ‘cup’, a ‘bowl’, a ‘jar’, a ‘scoop’, a ‘vessel’, a ‘dish’, or a ‘plate’. And however it is known among those various populations, you speak accordingly, obstinately sticking to that and insisting: ‘This is the only truth, anything else is futile.’ That’s how you insist on popular definitions and overstep normal labels. And how do you not insist on popular definitions and overstep normal labels? It’s when among different populations they label the same thing as a ‘cup’, a ‘bowl’, a ‘jar’, a ‘scoop’, a ‘vessel’, a ‘dish’, or a ‘plate’. And however it is known among those various populations, you speak accordingly, thinking: ‘It seems that the venerables are referring to this.’ That’s how you don’t insist on popular definitions and don’t overstep normal labels. ‘Don’t insist on popular definitions and don’t overstep normal labels.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.