Linked Discourses: The Chapter on the Aggregates
အင်္ဂလိပ်ဘာသာပြန် · တွဲ 17 · စာမျက်နှာ 61
စာမှတ်ထားရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ

There are ascetics and brahmins who—based on form, which is impermanent, suffering, and perishable—don’t regard themselves thus: ‘I’m better’, or ‘I’m equal’, or ‘I’m worse’. What is that but seeing truly? Based on feeling … perception … choices … consciousness, which is impermanent, suffering, and perishable, they don’t regard themselves thus: ‘I’m better’, or ‘I’m equal’, or ‘I’m worse’. What is that but seeing truly?

What do you think, Soṇa? Is form permanent or impermanent?” “Impermanent, sir.” “But if it’s impermanent, is it suffering or happiness?” “Suffering, sir.” “But if it’s impermanent, suffering, and perishable, is it fit to be regarded thus: ‘This is mine, I am this, this is my self’?” “No, sir.” “Is feeling … perception … choices … consciousness permanent or impermanent?” “Impermanent, sir.” “But if it’s impermanent, is it suffering or happiness?” “Suffering, sir.” “But if it’s impermanent, suffering, and perishable, is it fit to be regarded thus: ‘This is mine, I am this, this is my self’?” “No, sir.”

“So, Soṇa, you should truly see any kind of form at all—past, future, or present; internal or external; solid or subtle; inferior or superior; far or near: <em>all</em> form—with right understanding: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’

ဤစာမျက်နှာဖတ်ရှုခြင်းအတွက် ကုသိုလ်ရမှတ် 20 ရရန် အကောင့်ဝင်ပါ