Linked Discourses: The Great Chapter
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 19 · Page 446
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Furthermore, a noble disciple reflects: ‘If someone were to annoy me by talking silliness and nonsense, I wouldn’t like it. But if I were to annoy someone else by talking silliness and nonsense, they wouldn’t like it either.’ The thing that is disliked by me is also disliked by another. Since I dislike this thing, how can I inflict it on another?’ Reflecting in this way, they give up talking nonsense themselves. And they encourage others to give up talking nonsense, praising the giving up of talking nonsense. So their verbal behavior is purified in three points.

And they have experiential confidence in the Buddha … the teaching … the Saṅgha … And they have the ethical conduct loved by the noble ones … leading to immersion. When a noble disciple possesses these seven good qualities and these four desirable states they may, if they wish, declare of themselves: ‘I’ve finished with rebirth in hell, the animal realm, and the ghost realm. I’ve finished with all places of loss, bad places, the underworld. I am a stream-enterer! I’m not liable to be reborn in the underworld, and am assured, destined for awakening.’”

When he had spoken, the brahmins and householders of Bamboo Gate said to the Buddha, “Excellent, worthy Gotama! … We go for refuge to the worthy Gotama, to the teaching, and to the mendicant Saṅgha. From this day forth, may the worthy Gotama remember us as lay followers who have gone for refuge for life.”

Linked Discourses 55.8 1. At Bamboo Gate In the Brick Hall (1st)

หัวข้อ (สรุปโดย AI) End of SN 55.7: Bamboo Gate Villagers Go for Refuge
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อบันทึกความคืบหน้า
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้