Soon afterwards Pilindavaccha sent a message to the Buddha: “Sir, King Seniya Bimbisāra of Magadha wishes to provide a monastery worker. What should I tell him?” The Buddha then gave a teaching and addressed the monks: “Monks, I allow monastery workers.” Once again King Bimbisāra went to Pilindavaccha, bowed, sat down, and said, “Sir, has the Buddha allowed monastery workers?” “Yes, great king.” “Well then, I’ll provide you with a monastery worker.” But after making this promise, he forgot, and only remembered after a long time. He then addressed the official in charge of all practical affairs: “Listen, has the monastery worker I promised been provided?” “No, sir, he hasn’t.” “How long has it been since we made that promise?” The official counted the days and said, “It’s been five hundred days.” “Well then, provide him with five hundred monastery workers.” “Yes.” The official provided Pilindavaccha with those monastery workers and a separate village was established. They called it “The Monastery Workers’ Village” and “Pilinda Village”.