The Great Analysis, Part 2
Traduction anglaise · Volume 2 · Page 17
Connectez-vous pour marquer la page

At one time when the Buddha was staying at Sāvatthī in Anāthapiṇḍika’s Monastery, a monk had been given robe-cloth outside the robe season. While he was making the robe, he realized there was not enough cloth. Lifting it up, he smoothed it out again and again. While walking about the dwellings, the Buddha saw that monk acting in this way. He went up to him and said, “What are you doing, monk?” “Sir, I’ve been given this out-of-season robe-cloth, but it’s not enough to make a robe. That’s why I lift it up and smooth it out again and again.” “Are you expecting to receive more cloth?” “I am.” Soon afterwards the Buddha gave a teaching and addressed the monks: “Monks, I allow you to keep out-of-season robe-cloth if you are expecting to receive more.”

Connectez-vous pour gagner 20 points de mérite en lisant cette page