The Great Analysis, Part 2
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 2 · Page 34
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

At one time the Buddha was staying at Sāvatthī in the Jeta Grove, Anāthapiṇḍika’s Monastery. At that time Venerable Upananda the Sakyan was skilled at teaching. On one occasion the son of a wealthy merchant went to Upananda, bowed, and sat down. And Upananda instructed, inspired, and gladdened him with a teaching. Afterwards that merchant’s son said to Upananda: “Venerable, please tell me what you need. I can give you robe-cloth, almsfood, a dwelling, and medicinal supplies.” “If you wish to give me something, give me one of your wrap garments.” “It’s shameful, venerable, for a gentleman to walk around in only one wrap. Please wait until I get back home. I’ll send you this wrap or a better one.” A second time and a third time Upananda said the same thing to that merchant’s son, and he got the same reply. He then said, “What’s the point of inviting me if you don’t want to give?”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้