Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 109
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Furthermore, a mendicant lives supported by a town or village. He robes up in the morning and, taking his bowl and robe, enters a village or town for alms without guarding body, speech, and mind, without establishing mindfulness, and without restraining the sense faculties. There he sees a lady scantily clad, with revealing clothes. Lust infects his mind, and his body and mind burn with it. He thinks: ‘Why don’t I visit the monastery and tell the monks:

“Reverends, I am overcome with lust, mired in lust. I am unable to keep up the spiritual life. I declare my inability to continue training. I resign it and will return to a lesser life.”’ But while traveling on the road, before he reaches the monastery he declares his inability to continue training. He resigns and returns to a lesser life.

I say that they are like the warrior who is taken to his relatives for care, but he dies on the road before he reaches them. Some individuals are like that. This is the second individual similar to a warrior found among the monks.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้