Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 425
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

“Sir, Venerable Phagguna is sick. Sir, please go to Venerable Phagguna out of sympathy.” The Buddha consented with silence.

Then in the late afternoon, the Buddha came out of retreat and went to Venerable Phagguna. Venerable Phagguna saw the Buddha coming off in the distance and stirred in his cot.

The Buddha said to him, “It’s all right, Phagguna, don’t get up. There are some seats spread out by others, I will sit there.”

He sat down on the seat spread out and said to Venerable Phagguna: “I hope you’re keeping well, Phagguna; I hope you’re all right. I hope your pain is fading, not growing; that its fading is evident, not its growing.”

“Sir, I’m not keeping well, I’m not getting by. My pain is terrible and growing, not fading; its growing is evident, not its fading.

The winds piercing my head are so severe, it feels like a strong man drilling into my head with a sharp point. I’m not keeping well.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้