Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 452
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

In the same way, when I saw that there was not even a fraction of a hair’s tip of goodness in Devadatta I declared that he was going to a place of loss, to hell, there to remain for an eon, irredeemable. If you would all listen, Ānanda, I will analyze the Realized One’s knowledges of the faculties of persons.”

“Now is the time, Blessed One! Now is the time, Holy One! Let the Buddha analyze the faculties of persons. The mendicants will listen and remember it.”

“Well then, Ānanda, listen and apply your mind well, I will speak.”

“Yes, sir,” Ānanda replied. The Buddha said this:

“Ānanda, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand: ‘Both skillful and unskillful qualities are found in this individual.’ After some time I encompass their mind and understand: ‘The skillful qualities of this individual have vanished, but the unskillful qualities are still present. Nevertheless, their skillful root is unbroken, and from that the skillful will appear. So this individual is not liable to decline in the future.’ Suppose some seeds were intact, unspoiled, not weather-damaged, fertile, and well-kept. And they were sown in a well-prepared, productive field. Wouldn’t you know that those seeds would grow, increase, and mature?”

“Yes, sir.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้