Numbered Discourses: Sevens, Eights, Nines
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 23 · Page 215
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Of the five lower fetters taught by the Buddha, I don’t see any that I haven’t given up. This is the eighth incredible and amazing quality found in me.

These eight amazing and incredible qualities are found in me. But I don’t know what eight amazing and incredible qualities the Buddha was referring to.”

Then that mendicant, after taking almsfood in Ugga of Vesālī’s home, rose from his seat and left. Then after the meal, on his return from almsround, he went to the Buddha, bowed, and sat down to one side. He informed the Buddha of all he had discussed with the householder Ugga of Vesālī. The Buddha said:

“Good, good, mendicant! When I declared that the householder Ugga of Vesālī was someone who has eight amazing and incredible qualities, I was referring to the same eight qualities that he rightly explained to you. You should remember the householder Ugga of Vesālī as someone who possesses these eight amazing and incredible qualities.”

Numbered Discourses 8.22 3. Householders With Uggata of Elephant Village

At one time the Buddha was staying in the land of the Vajjis at Elephant Village. There the Buddha addressed the mendicants: “Mendicants, you should remember the householder Uggata of Elephant Village as someone who has eight amazing and incredible qualities.”

That is what the Buddha said. When he had spoken, the Holy One rose from his seat and entered his dwelling.

หัวข้อ (สรุปโดย AI) With Ugga of Vesālī (AN 8.21)
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อบันทึกความคืบหน้า
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้