I have clearly described the practice that leads to extinguishment for my disciples. Practicing in accordance with this, my disciples realize the undefiled freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom. And they live having realized it with their own insight in this very life due to the ending of defilements. I see no reason for anyone—whether ascetic, brahmin, god, Māra, or the Divinity, or anyone else in the world—to legitimately scold me, saying: ‘For such reasons you haven’t clearly described the practice that leads to extinguishment for your disciples.’ Since I see no such reason, I live secure, fearless, and self-assured.
Many hundreds in my assembly of disciples have realized the undefiled freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom. And they live having realized it with their own insight in this very life due to the ending of defilements. I see no reason for anyone—whether ascetic, brahmin, god, Māra, or the Divinity, or anyone else in the world—to legitimately scold me, saying: ‘For such reasons you don’t have many hundreds of disciples in your following who have realized the undefiled freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom, and who live having realized it with their own insight in this very life due to the ending of defilements.’ Since I see no such reason, I live secure, fearless, and self-assured.
These are the three ways the Realized One is irreproachable.
These are the four areas where the Realized One has nothing to hide, and the three ways he is irreproachable.”
Numbered Discourses 7.59 6. The Undeclared Points With Kimbila