Minor Texts: Khuddakapāṭha, Dhammapada, Udāna, Itivuttaka, Suttanipāta
Englische Übersetzung · Band 25 · Seite 146
Für Lesezeichen anmelden

So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Rājagaha in the Bamboo Grove, the squirrels’ feeding ground. At that time in Rājagaha there was a leper called Suppabuddha. He was a poor person, destitute, and pitiful. Now, at that time the Buddha was teaching Dhamma, surrounded by a large assembly.

Suppabuddha saw the crowd seated off in the distance and thought, “Surely some fresh and cooked foods will be distributed there. Why don’t I approach the crowd? Hopefully I’ll get something to eat.”

So he approached the crowd where he saw the Buddha teaching Dhamma, surrounded by a large assembly. When he saw this he thought, “There’s no food being distributed here. The ascetic Gotama is teaching Dhamma in an assembly. Why don’t I also listen to the teaching?” Right there he sat down to one side, thinking, “I also will listen to the teaching.”

Melden Sie sich an, um für das Lesen dieser Seite 20 Verdienstpunkte zu erhalten