So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Sāvatthī in Jeta’s Grove, Anāthapiṇḍika’s monastery. Now at that time a certain wanderer had a young brahmin wife who was pregnant and about to give birth. She said to him, “Go, brahmin, bring oil for my delivery.”
The wanderer said, “But where, my dear, can I get oil?” For a second time, she said, “Go, brahmin, bring oil for my delivery.” For a second time, the wanderer said, “But where, my dear, can I get oil?” For a third time, she said, “Go, brahmin, bring oil for my delivery.”
Now at that time ghee and oil were being given away to any ascetic or brahmin at the storehouse of King Pasenadi of Kosala. But it was only to drink there, not to take away.
Knowing this, the wanderer thought, “Why don’t I go to the king’s storehouse, drink as much oil as I can, then come home and throw it up so it can be used for the delivery?”