Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
Traduction anglaise · Volume 26 · Page 499
Connectez-vous pour marquer la page

He also had another wife, a virtuous and well-known lady of quality, loyal to her husband; yet I stirred up resentment in her.

As the fruit of that deed, they abandoned me and left, though I served them like a slave. Now I’ve made an end to this as well.”

Verses of the Senior Nuns 16.1 The Great Book Sumedhā

In Mantāvatī city, Sumedhā, the daughter of King Koñca’s chief queen, was converted by those who practice the Buddha’s teaching.

She was virtuous, a brilliant speaker, learned, and trained in the Buddha’s instructions. She went up to her mother and father and said: “Pay heed, both of you!

I delight in extinguishment! No state of life is eternal, not even that of the gods; what then of sensual pleasures, so hollow, offering little gratification and much distress.

Sensual pleasures are bitter as the venom of a snake, yet fools are infatuated by them. Sent to hell for a very long time, they are beaten and tortured.

Those who grow in wickedness ever lament in the underworld <j>due to their own bad deeds. They’re fools, unrestrained in body, mind, and speech.

Connectez-vous pour gagner 20 points de mérite en lisant cette page