Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
ສະບັບແປພາສາອັງກິດ · ເຫຼັ້ມ 26 · ໜ້າ 500
ເຂົ້າສູ່ລະບົບເພື່ອບຸກມາກ

Those witless, senseless fools, trapped by the origin of suffering, are ignorant, not understanding the noble truths when they are being taught.

Most people, mum, ignorant of the truths taught by the excellent Buddha, look forward to a state of life, longing for rebirth among the gods.

Yet even rebirth among the gods in an impermanent state of life is not eternal. But fools are not scared of being reborn time and again.

Four lower realms and two other realms may be gained somehow or other. But for those who end up in a lower realm, there is no way to go forth in the hells.

May you both grant me permission to go forth in the dispensation of him of the ten powers. Living at ease, I shall apply myself to giving up rebirth and death.

Why look forward to a new state of life in this useless, insubstantial body? Grant me permission, I shall go forth to make an end of craving for a new life.

A Buddha has arisen, the time has come, the unlucky moment has passed. As long as I live I’ll never betray my ethical precepts or my chaste path.”

Then Sumedhā said to her parents: “So long as I remain a layperson, I’ll refuse to eat any food, until I’ve fallen under the sway of death.”

Upset, her mother burst into tears, while her father, though grieved, tried his best to persuade her as she lay collapsed upstairs in the longhouse.

ເຂົ້າສູ່ລະບົບເພື່ອຮັບ 20 ແຕ້ມບຸນຈາກການອ່ານໜ້ານີ້