“Venerables, the thirteen rules on suspension have been recited, nine being immediate offenses, four after the third announcement. If a monk commits any one of them, he is to undergo probation for the same number of days as he knowingly concealed that offense. When this is completed, he must undertake the trial period for a further six days. When this is completed, he is to be rehabilitated wherever there is a sangha of at least twenty monks. If that monk is rehabilitated by a sangha of even one less than twenty, that monk is not rehabilitated and those monks are blameworthy. This is the proper procedure. In regard to this I ask you, ‘Are you pure in this?’ A second time I ask, ‘Are you pure in this?’ A third time I ask, ‘Are you pure in this?’ You are pure in this and therefore silent. I will remember it thus.” The group of thirteen is finished. This is the summary: “Emission, physical contact, Indecent, and his own needs; Matchmaking, and a hut, And a dwelling, groundless. A pretext, and schism, Those who side with him; Difficult to correct, and corrupter of families—The thirteen offenses entailing suspension.” The chapter on offenses entailing suspension is finished.
Theravāda Collection on Monastic Law The Great Analysis The chapter on undetermined offenses Sitting with a woman in a concealed place