Then, knowing Sunakkhatta’s train of thought, I said to him, ‘Don’t you claim to be an ascetic who follows the Sakyan, you silly man?’ ‘But why does the Buddha say this to me?’ ‘When you saw that naked ascetic of Kuru, didn’t you think, “That ascetic is a holy man!”?’ ‘Yes, sir. But sir, are you jealous of the perfected ones?’ ‘I’m not jealous of the perfected ones, you silly man. Rather, you should give up this harmful misconception that has arisen in you. Don’t create lasting harm and suffering for yourself! That naked ascetic the aristocrat of Kuru, who you imagine to be a holy man, will die of flatulence in seven days. And when he dies, he’ll be reborn in the very lowest rank of titans, named the Kālakañjas. And they’ll throw him in the charnel ground on a clump of vetiver. If you wish, Sunakkhatta, go to the aristocrat of Kuru and ask him whether he knows his own destiny. It’s possible that he will answer: “Reverend Sunakkhatta, I know my own destiny. I’ve been reborn in the very lowest rank of titans, named the Kālakañjas.”’